Tuesday, June 3, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!

Hello my dear Family and friends whom I love so much!

Today is the one and only Shari Bradley's BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!!!! Tell my mother Happy Birthday! She is only 29! Give her a big hug for me! I love you mom!!
This week was full of fantastic investigators, lessons, miracles, and members. I am so grateful for all of the things the Lord is continuing to bless Sister Vikari and I with.  A few of the recent converts are struggling right now, but we are trying to help them the best way that we can. We are trying to help them understand the atonement and how it can help them. We just have to keep loving them and helping them with their needs and concerns. 
 The Newby's from Firth!

The Lyon family is doing well. Roxy and the kids came with us to stake conference. Sam did not, and we don't know why. They are continuing to grow and learn. Roxy is now getting Baptized on June 14th. She is ready to be Baptized. We would have moved it up sooner, but she needed to obey the word of wisdom a little bit longer. Sam was able to get a priesthood blessing to help him quit smoking. Brother Schlesser, the Elders quorum president, has really taken Sam under his wing it is great!!

Fun with the Bryner Boys!
 
We were able to meet with another family this week. It is the Lee family. It was the first time that we were able to meet with the whole family. We were only able to share the first vision, and the Book of Mormon with them but that is okay. It was powerful when we shared the first vision. The spirit was so strong. They were rambunctious and loud, but the minute we shared the first vision their eyes were glued. It was amazing! They all committed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. 

We are meeting with Tom Jackson again. He was a former from back in November. We are trying to help resolve his concerns and needs. He knows a lot of the Church history. He also has read some skewed ideas from church history. We are trying to teach simply and clearly to help him understand everything. He has great knowledge though!!
EKU!!!
We met with another new wonderful family. Their names are Chastity and Gregg.They have a 9 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. They asked great questions while we were there. We had a great first lesson with them. We brought members with us and they were able to teach and testify. It was the Greff's that came with us. Before we started the lesson the Greff's did how to begin teaching from preach my Gospel. It was amazing! They don't even know what that is, but  yet they were able to do it. They are great member missionaries! Their 9 year old girl, Maddie, is so adorable! She loves Gymnastics, so I am going to give her a few tips and things next time we go. 

So, Sister Vikari and I are pretty creative and come up with awesome lessons for members that have kids. We did one with a couple families this last week called "father may I." Sound familiar? Well we played "Mother May I" and changed it so we could compare it to prayer. We had them ask something that they would ask Heavenly Father for. Then they would move forward and eventually they would get to live with God! We showed how sometimes we pray for things, but they are sometimes answered in ways that we don't expect. It was a fun little lesson! 

We had stake conference this week and I got to see all these people from SOMERSET!!!! It was awesome! I was so excited to see all of them! I saw the Cooks, the Calls, the Bartletts, The Golemans! They are all still the same and great! It was nice to catch up with them though! 

The members in our ward are simply AMAZING! I think I have rode my bike a few times in the last 3 weeks. Members come to lessons with us everyday! They are so great and so willing!  
We were able to do quite a bit of service this week. We helped one investigator move. We helped a family in the
ward paint their house. We also went to the food Bank. I love doing service!!!! Like the primary song goes...." When were helping were happy and we sing as we go, for we love to help Richmond and we all love Richmond so" I added my own little twist to it! 

It was a fantastic week! I love, love, love, being able to share the Gospel every single day! I love being able to study, learn, and grow. I love listening and following the promptings of the spirit. I love accounting to my Father in Heaven at night about what has happened that day and thanking him for all the people that he has blessed us with to teach. I love seeing the Book of Mormon, and the doctrines of the Gospel change lives! I love seeing members get excited about sharing the Gospel! I love this Gospel with all my heart! 

I love you all! Thank you for all of your support and love! 
Love,
Sister Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment