Monday, January 27, 2014

Trials

Hello family and friends,
 
Happy Birthday to Morgan my Beautiful Sister in law! I know it is not today, but I still wanted to give you a shout out!
 
How are you all?
 
I hope school, work, and whatever else you might be doing is going fantastic!
 
This letter will be short because the library is closing early because of the weather. The people here don't know how to handle snow very well, so the whole town shuts down when there is any.
 
 
Well this last week was definitely a growing experience. Every single appointment we had with an investigator fell through. Literally every single one. It was definitely a downer, but we still got to see a lot of less-actives. We also got to do a lot of service, which I love!!
 
We got to help a less-active family clean and pack so they could go to Lexington. Their baby was having surgery in Lexington this past weekend. We also got to help a member of our branch pack yesterday because they are moving to Utah. I am sad they are leaving! We need more people from Utah to move here not from here to Utah! haha We also got to do some cleaning for another member. It was fun!
 
Even though it wasn't the best week there were a lot of tender mercies.
 
One day we were driving and we decided to stop at one investigators house and set up an appointment with him. After we did we got in the car and started to drive away. I saw a girl walking to her car in the same parking lot. I told Sister Heywood to stop, and I jumped out of the car to go talk to her. I walked up to her and introduced myself. I proceeded to tell her that I felt like I needed to come talk to her.  She was crying, so I asked what was wrong. She told me that she had just found out that a friend of hers has cancer. The only thing I could think of was to give her a hug. I asked her and she was like YES I really do need one. Well we talked for a little bit and I told her a little about the gospel. She then was like I really know that you were supposed to come talk to me. It was a way cool experience! It was a testimony to me that I need to always be aware of everyone arounf me because I never know who I will miss that is waiting for the gospel. 
 
Then on Sunday we were calling people to wake them up in the morning. We needed the calling list in our car. I ran out to get it and a guy was walking in our parking lot. I talked to him, and next thing I know he ended up becoming a new investigator! 
 
It is crazy how the Lord works sometimes. We might be having a rough time, but Heavenly Father still blesses us. It is awesome to listen and follow spiritual promptings because then we know that we are truly doing the Lords will. I love being a missionary! I love seing the Lords hand in my life every single day. I love the power of prayer. Heavenly Father knows us perfectly. He hears our prayers, and answers them in his own way and timing. I am so blessed everyday to be on the Lords errand. The Atonement is so real. I feel it in my life, and I know that the more I understand the atonement the more I love my Savior. The atonement doesn't only help us to repent, but it helps us to make our weak things become strong. The choices we make everyday show how much we love our Savior. Are you making the right choices in your life? How much do you love your Savior? As we are striving to be obedient to the commandments and be like our Savior Jesus Christ we can show our love for him. I hope you all can study the atonement more and understand it a little bit better than you did before.
 
You should all read Eldar Bednars talk on the enabling power of the atonement. It is a great one! I loved it!
 
I love you all, and hope that you have a great week!
 
With much love,
Sister Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment