Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ice Ice Kentucky!

Hello Family and Friends! Happy New Year! I hope you all had a fantastic New Year! I can't believe I will be on my missions for this whole year! CRAZY! I am so excited for every second of it though!!!
 
Sister Heywood and I will be together for another transfer. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
STOKED!!! It is going to be another great transfer!!!
 
I tried Tamales, tequitos, and posoli this week. You should all be proud!  Three new things in one week. I didn't like the tamales, but I liked the other two!
 
The weather here is so wierd. One second it is 60 degrees and all I need is a sweater. The next second it is snowing and freezing. Yesterday it was fairly warm, and then half way through the day it started to rain. We got home for the night, and then it started POURING! I have never seen it rain so hard in my life. We were about to go to bed when Sister Heywood looked outside, and it was now snowing super hard. Well today we both decided that it feels like home with the snow. They closed school today and tomorrow. They close their schools down before the storm even comes. There is definitely a lot more ice here though. It took us 20 minutes to scrape the car windows because of all the ice. The wind chill here is super cold! It bites through every layer! It is supposed to get in the negatives tonight, so we will see what happens.
 
The most devastating thing happened this week. April, the 25 year old, dropped us this week. We have been going by quite often, and calling her. She hasn't been home though or answered our calls. Well the Elders said that they had seen her, and we just needed to catch her when she was home. We went by on Tuesday, and her neighbor came out and said, " She is baptist and doesn't want to be Baptized a Mormon, so stop coming by." I was heart broken when I heard that. Well I decided I was going to let it go until I heard it from April herself. Well, five minutes later we saw the Elders. We told them what happened and then they go, " Oh we saw her last night and we set up an appointment with her tomorrow at 2." I was a little upset because they set up an appointment with our investigator. I got over that real fast because I was happy she was still willing to be taught. The next day we were at district meeting, and the Elders said, " oh April texted us last night and said that she isn't interested anymore and that she didn't want to be Baptized." I was even more devastated. April was so prepared for this Gospel. She had come to Church many times. She knew members of the Branch. She was reading the Book of Mormon,and obeying the Word of Wisdom. She was ready to be Baptized. I was so heart broken when she dropped us. I think of how Heavenly Father feels when people stray away or don't accept this Gospel. To see his children not be the Happiest that they can be because of their choices. He loves us all so much! It must be heart breaking to watch his children not choose the best thing that this world has to offer. I love April so much!!! I know the potential she has, and she is an amazing person! I know that one day she will be Baptized!
 
 We met with almost twenty less-actives this week. We meet with more less-actives than we do investigators. I feel like we have gained a lot of "investigators" because we are teaching most of the less-actives from the beginning. They are all really nice, and just need to remember why they joined the church in the first place.
 
We met with one less-active named Sharon Abney. We talked with her, and she told us she wanted her name removed from the Church. I did not want to let her do that! She was really nice, and we talked with her and gained her trust. We then shared a message with her, which she liked. It was cool because by the time we left she completely forgot that she wanted her name removed! We are going to start teaching her again. I am excited!  
 
I hope that you all have a great week!
 
Happy Birthday to my beautiful niece Amelia Winward on Saturday!! I love you Mia!!
 
I LOVE YOU ALL!!
 
Love,
Sister Bradley
 Ic

No comments:

Post a Comment