Sunday, October 13, 2013

CRAZY WEEK!

Well OLO family and friends! (name that movie)
I hope all of you have had a fantabulous week! Keep smiling and being awesome!
This week has gone by super fast! It has a been a crazy, busy, and fantastic week. 

 Well on Tuesday we were teaching a lesson to our investigator Debbie outside when her neighbor came by. His name is Frank. He was hilarious!  He sat and told us that if he were to come and preach at our church all the ladies would be oohing and aweing. He was super full of himself. He said, " me and Jesus are tight, we be best friends and he is my main man." He then raised his finger in the air and pointed to the sky like ah yeah Praise Jesus. It was really funny. What makes it  even better, is that he is a 60 year old basketball playing african american man. He is pretty much awesome!  I also forgot to mention that he was drunk. Yea, so that was a great night!
We met this lady who was outside her apartment with her kids named Amy. She has this daughter named Abigail who is 7. I am not even kidding you, Abigail is a miniature me. She had the same hair color and blue eyes. She was bouncing off the walls, and never stopped talking. She loves gymnastics and dancing. I literally just wanted to take her home with me. I just love her she is great! We will hopefully be teaching Amy, Abigail, and her brother this week sometime.
Well we set three baptismal dates this week WOO HOO!!
The first one is Debbie! Debbie is 56 and single. We have been teaching her for a couple weeks now. She is always wanting to learn more and she keeps every commitment that we ask her to do. She has nothing keeping her from baptism either. She is golden! She came to church with us with past Sunday, and loved it! Her baptismal date is October 26th. I am super excited for her! She is such an awesome daughter of God! I love her! She is so sweet and wants to be a missionary already. It is great! I love being able to see the change in her countenance as she comes to know the truthfulness of this gospel. She has changed so much in the two weeks that we have known her. It is so cool! I just love her.
The second one is Louise. Louise is a 57 year old woman who also lives by herself. She is really sweet and loves when we come over. She tells us all her life stories. She is unemployed right now, and is looking for a job. I hope she can find one soon. She has a boyfriend that she sort of obsesses over. We are working with her because she doesn't have as much of a desire as Debbie does. We have to teach her a little slower because of her needs, and understanding of the gospel. She also came to church with us this past Sunday. It was so great to have two investigators at church with us! I love Louise she is wonderful and so kind. Her baptismal date is November 2nd.
 
 The third one is Brittany. She is a 12 year old girl whose parents are members, but are not active. She is such a great example to everyone around her. She goes to mutual every week by choice. She always wants to come to church, but never has a ride so we are working on that. She reads her scriptures and prays daily. She is making the decision to get baptized all on her own. She is so great! She is super busy though, so we can't meet with her very often. She is in 7th grade, but is in the High School marching band. She plays the trumpet. Her baptismal date is October 18th. She is so awesome! I just love her too!
We went to the TEMPLE  this week!! We went to the temple on Thursday as a zone. It was so awesome. We rode up with the Somerset Elders to Louisville. The temple was great. I love going to the temple!
We had a blitz this week with the Sister training leaders. Those two came to Somerset and I went with one while Sister Peterson went with the other. I was with Sister Hodges. She is from Washington, and has been out 6 months. I went around with her all day, and I learned so much from her! She is so awesome. We had a great time teaching and being with each other. She knows the Reddish family. We had a good time talking about how we knew them.
Sister Hodges and I went and did service as well. We went to a members house to clean because they are moving. The new house is nice. The old house on the other hand is not so nice. It was flea infested and disgusting. We had a "great" time cleaning the old house.
We went on friday night to Whitakers house. They are the older couple that I told you about who said they would have us over for dinner. Well we ate dinner at their house on Friday night. Everyone be proud of me because I ate 2 new things this week. At Howard and Sues house we had fajitas. The chicken was mixed in with peppers, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms. Yes, I ate it. It was actually good. I also ate at panda express for the first time. We went after the temple, and yes I liked that as well.
that was a summary of the week. I hope all of you have another great week!!
I love you all!
Love, 
Sister Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment