Thursday, December 4, 2014

DECEMBER....SAY WHAT!

Welll, I can't believe it is December today! CRAZY! I hope you all had a wonderful THANKSGIVING!!! I know I did!
Monday- The very unusual and short P-day! We had a lesson with Brody at 2:30 and it was great! We brought the Hermana's because Hermana Butts is a convert and we wanted her to share her testimony and conversion with him. We had a super great lesson with him! He told us that if he knows without a doubt that the Gospel is true he would get baptized no matter what and would talk to his dad about it since he is only 16.  We went and helped a member move, and that was also fun! One of the members that was with us helping us move the other member invited us over for dinner. We went over to the Kennedy's house and they are awesome!! I love their family! They totally remind me of my family when I was younger! They are simply hilarious! We had them act out a Book of Mormon story and I am pretty sure it was the most hilarious thing ever!


 
Tuesday- We did some service for an investigator Jo. We went over and helped her make pies! Super fun! We made pumpkin pie and apple pie!  She is soo great! She is one of the most selfless people I have ever met! She told us some very personal things and said that we have brought so much peace into her life! So wonderful! She told us she has adopted us as her granddaughters! We then had to go and help set up and serve food at the VOA, which is a halfway house for prisoners. That was really fun too! We enjoyed talking to them and being able to serve them! We got to eat with them too! We had a lesson with a member, Esteban, after! He is so funny! He has taught us some Spanish! We had a great lesson with him and I even shared my favorite scripture in Spanish with him, and prayed in Spanish!
 
 
 
Wednesday- We had our last District meeting of the transfer! It was the most powerful district meeting I have ever had! We have 12 people in our district, so it is pretty big! We were talking about how when we talk to people that a great way to start off a conversation is a compliment because everyone loves compliments! We discussed how they have to be sincere compliments though. For part of the training they had each of us stand up front and everyone in the room had to give a sincere compliment to the person up front. It was so powerful! The spirit was really strong! I learned a lot about myself and the strengths that I have through that! There are strengths that I didn't even know I had been blessed with! It was super cool!  We then did more service for another member and we helped her make wontons! She gave us some to take home and they are so good! We had a great lesson that evening with the Filson family! They moved her from Alaska a year ago and were taught by missionaries there. They fed us dinner and then we taught them a lesson. It was really good and I am excited for them to continue to progress in the Gospel!


 
Thursday- THANKSGIVING!!! We weren't allowed to do any proselyting that day. We woke up and did the usual morning routine of working out and studying! We then went and played Basketball at the church with the elders and Hermanas! It was fun! We got ready and went to a Thanksgiving meal at the Isaacsons! There were about 15 of us and it was soooo good!!! We then played the minute to win it game with the cotton balls afterwards! So funny! We stopped by a few investigators houses that told us to say hello on Thanksgiving! We got a ton of food from everyone!! We then played Volleyball as a district and then us and the Hermana's went shoe shopping because they had a great sale at one store and they were super cheap!
 

 
 
 
 
 
Friday- We went on an exchange and I was with Sister Priebe! She is awesome! We spent the day
tracting, trying new people, talking with people, and we didn't teach any lessons. It was okay though. We talked to some great people! We had dinner at a member of the other wards house because they had an open invitation to all the missionaries to come and eat, so we did! It was really good! We taught a lesson to Brother Schoot who is a less-active! It was really great! We are going to start teaching his wife who isn't a member this week, so excited! Then we traveled to Mt. Vernon so I could get my companion back! haha
Saturday- We were able to go and help at the soup kitchen that our church is in charge of every 5th Saturday. We went and got to serve the homeless people, and it was really great! I am full of gratitude every time I am around such humble people. I have been blessed with so much in my life! It made me think of the talk from Conference by Elder Holland. "Aren't we all Beggars." We then had to plan for the coming week because we weren't able to any other day! We met as missionaries to discuss a lesson we were going to teach on Sunday and then we all had dinner at Logan's roadhouse with Sister Andrade! She is our ward missionary! She is amazing and I love her so much! She is a convert of about 3 years and is not afraid of sharing the Gospel! While at Logans' roadhouse Elder Adams ate 38 ounces of steak! It was crazy!!
Sunday- I love Sundays! They are so spiritually uplifting! We got to teach the 5th Sunday lesson as Missionaries to help members use Preach My Gospel in their own missionary work! It was a great lesson! We even role played with them! haha After church we had to fill up the font for the baptisms that the ward was having. We had the Baptism of Saul, Elise, and Moses! It was great! I love Baptisms!!!  We had dinner with Kiersten Taylor and she just has a heart of Gold! I love her!
It was a great week!!!

I am so GRATEFUL for all the prayers, support, and encouragement that I constantly get from all of you! I am grateful and blessed that I have you in my life and for the things that you have taught me!!
Prayer- Please pray that Brody will receive his answer and that we can find some new investigators.
I love you all!!!
Love,
Sister Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment