Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Layers Anyone??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAR SISTER AMBER!!!!!! Have a super duper day hip hip hooray!!!

Well, this week was fantastic!! I am e-mailing today because we had a snowstorm and the Library was closed yesterday. We got 6-7 inches of snow plus ice. It has been really fun walking/sliding. We wish we could just sled down the streets, but unfortunately that is against the rules. haha.

We wore our Pajama's under our clothes to stay warm...haha
 
I am sad to say that in exactly one year from today March 4th, I will be flying home... That is sad. I know you won't like this mom, but I wish they made Sister Missions for two years. Time just flies by so fast.
I am now an professional at helping people quit smoking. We have taught the 15 step program to quit smoking three times in the last week. That is a lot! It is great though to help them make such a huge step in their lives.
investigator time:
Destiny: She is a 13 year old girl. We are teaching her Mother as well. She is awesome, and she gets Baptized this Saturday!!! OH YEAH!! SO exciting!! Her mom will get Baptized in a few weeks when she finally quits smoking.
Charlie: Is this awesome guy who has super strong Faith! He is doing really well! We contacted him on the street, and have already taught him a few lessons, the word of wisdom, and the 15 step program. He is so strong! He bore his testimony to us the other day, and it was so powerful. He couldn't thank us enough for bringing the Gospel into his life. It made me so happy inside! Man, this Gospel is true! He is getting Baptized on March 29th
Jada: Is one of the strongest people I have met! she is so strong willed it is great! She has read 1st and 2nd Nephi already. She is on her 5th day out of 7 of quitting smoking! She is doing so great! She also came to a Baptism last Saturday, and has been to church twice! She will be Baptized on March 29th, but at the rate she is going it will be March 22nd.
Those are just a few of the many wonderful people we are teaching! I can never thank Heavenly Father enough for all the people he is blessing me with to teach! It is so amazing to see the Gospel change their lives more and more everyday!!
Sister Durfee and I are really crazy! We are both just balls of energy... I feel like we overwhelm people sometimes, but oh well! They will just have to get used to us! haha.
That is some of the happenings from this week! I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Sister Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment