Monday, December 9, 2013

COLD COLD COLD!

Well tis the season for the cold!
We had a lot of rain and some ice here, but not much snow. It hasn't been that bad.
great things for the week:
- well I am the queen of backing up! haha. Yes, since I don't drive I get to back Sister Heywood up everyday. I get really into it and make it fun. I will do dances and who knows what else... I love getting strange looks from people when I back the car, it is the best!
- We went to a members house, and she just kept giving us food. We tried to say No, but she wouldn't let us. It was funny! Then the next day we helped her print some things off on the computer. To repay us for doing that she took us to cracker barrel. It was hilarious. We try so hard to just serve people, but they never let us go without returning the favor!
-Sister Heywood and I bought footie pajamas last monday! They are the best thing I have ever invested in! They are Minnie mouse and pretty much awesome! 

- We love to jam out to our lovely church music when we are in the car! It is great! Nothing better then jamming out to Kenneth Cope or Hymns. haha....
Work work work:
 A few investigators we are working with are Cinamon, Derrick, and Kyla.  They are so nice! It is cool because every question they have, I am like THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR!! It is like that for everyone, but it is very prominent with them. They are so prepared, it is unreal.  I am excited to continue working with them!
We met with another investigator who the elders were working with named Gale. She is so great! She talks a  lot, but id hilarious!! As we were talking I asked her if the Elders told her to read the Book of Mormon. She replied, " oh yeah I read like they told me too." Then I say, "sweet! What did you read?" She replied, " Well all of it." Sister Heywood and I sat there SHOCKED for a few minutes! I wanted to run around the room and jump up and down! We continued on, and she said she is going to read it again. She is super busy, so we aren't meeting with her for a couple weeks. I am so pumped to continue teaching her though!
We are working with a lady named Claudia as well. Her husband is a member, but not active. She speaks hardly any English, and understands some. We taught her with a Spanish pamphlet, and it was slightly difficult. It is cool though because even though there is a language barrier the spirit is still strong in the lessons. 
We were able to meet with Amy this week! She is so ready to be baptized. She knows the Book of Mormon is true! The only problem is she doesn't keep her commitments.. urg... She said she would this time, so hopefully she does. We are going to keep working with her, and help her in anyway that we can.
We went to visit a less-active last night, and we came at the perfect time. Her name is Mary Cahill, and she is in her 70's. Her husband is a truck driver, and is never home. When we got there she was trying to set up her Christmas tree. We offered to help, and she let us. She kept telling us that we were a " God Sent" the whole time we were there. It is amazing to see that we were prompted to go over there, and she needed us. She kept saying how it would have taken her days to put it up. I love serving others! It is the best! It was really fun to put up the tree, and decorate it!
   We are working with a lot of less-actives in the branch! There are so many of them. I didn't realize it until I was in the car area because we only had 5 in our biking area. If all the less-actives came to church this branch would be a good sized ward. Well don't worry we will make that happen! Work work work!
challenge for the week:
Everyone strive to be more charitable and giving! tis the season!

There are a few things or updates for the week!
I hope you all have had a good, cold, fun week! 

Have a fantastic week!!
I love you all!
Love,
Sister Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment