Monday, December 2, 2013

Yum...Turkey!!

My dearest Family and Friends,
We come together today...to read this lovely e-mail of Sister Breanna Bradley. (you all thought I was going to quote princess bride...fooled you) 
This week was great! New area, new transfer, new apartment, new companion! My new companion like I told you last week is...drum roll please.... Sister Heywood!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE HER so much!!! We already share clothes, finish each others sentences, and dance around in our apartment together. We have only been with one another for 6 days. This is going to be a great transfer! She is from Heber, Utah. She went to Utah State before her mission. She is going to be a nurse. She is a dancer, yoga instructor, and my chauffeur. She has been out for 10 months, so she is the senior companion. She gets to drive everywhere since she is senior companion! haha. It is great to be the passenger!  We drive and make up songs in the car or sing our hearts out. We dance and do sweet workouts on the mornings! This transfer is seriously going to be fantastic! 
This week was crazy! We switched apartments and said goodbye to people in downtown Somerset. On Tuesday I spent the day in Richmond with Sister Heywood while our companions went up to Louisville. I bike Monday night and Tuesday in the snow and rain. It was freezing, but epic! I enjoyed the miserable cold. We are in a car now, so I don't have to worry about wearing ten layers to look like an Eskimo!  

Oh my goodness! Lets just say 12 years of elders living in the apartment makes for a lovely disgusting dirty apartment for me to clean. It was hard to sleep in the new apartment Monday night because I was very disturbed by the filth. Sister Heywood and I scrubbed the apartment down. It is very clean now! 
On the bright side, the apartment is a lot nicer! I have a washer and dryer now! Woop Woop!  There are two floors. The top floor is just one big room with our beds, dresser, couch, workout stuff, and space! The main level is a family room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom with study desks. We each have our own closet. It is pretty great!The best part is....... It doesn't smell like SMOKE!! YEAH! All my stuff smells like smoke still, so I have been washing and wiping everything I own down so it doesn't.
We were driving the other day trying to find a less actives house that is out in the boonies. Well, we got to a  gravel road and were driving on it when we came across a river. The river separated the road, so we obviously could not get across. It was really funny. 


We ate thanksgiving at the Bohannons. It is a family in the branch. The food was pretty good! They had a ton of different dishes. I didn't try a lot of them. I stuck with the basic yummy thanksgiving food!
We got to meet with a couple named Derek and Cinamon this week. They are investigators that the elders had, but are now ours. They are so cool! We are meeting with them again tomorrow. I am excited.
We are trying to build up our investigator pool this week. We feel like we are opening a new area, but we aren't. We are just really low on investigators.
That was about it for the week! It was a crazy, fun, awesome, hard working week!
I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
Have a great week!
I love you!!

Love,
Sister Bradley 

No comments:

Post a Comment