Monday, September 23, 2013

Well Hi Ya'll

Well hello family and friends!
I hope everyone has had a great week! Things here in Somerset are are pretty fantastic!

- Funny story: An old lady answered her door the other day holding an old black pistol. Once she saw who we were she put it behind her back. It was hilarious! It scared sister Peterson. I thought it was funny because it was this old lady wearing her awesome pink pants and floral shirt with a gun in her hand. It was also funny because we were in a nice area.
 We went to an older couples home who are less active. Their names are Danny and Anna. Anna didn't really ever say much she just sat there. She is probably the first woman I have ever seen with a full on beard and mustache! haha. Danny is a super depressed man, and he never stopped talking about how awful his life was. He told us that he had a friend who killed someone and ate them. I was mortified when he told us that. He was an interesting person to say the least.
There is a family we are starting to teach.  They are so great! We have only taught them one lesson, but we will teach them again this week. I have high hopes for them!
Another investigator that we have is Conan. He loves theology and is very intelligent. Most of the things he said just went up and over my head. We taught him the first lesson as well and have an appointment with him again this weekend. We will see how it goes.
A mailman gave Sister Peterson pepper spray the other day. He told us that there are a lot of vicious dogs around the area that we were in. We just have sitting in our apartment now.
We have had a couple guys who want to bible bash us. We always just walk away and tell them we have to leave because they are pretty crazy!
I biked up to a guy last night and thought in my head that I was going to be bold. I looked at him and said, " what would you do if you knew that the church Christ established was on the earth today." He just looked at me and said I don't know. We had a long discussion with him, and will be teaching him when he has time. He is working 4 jobs right now.
Everyone here has a cat or dog it it crazy! Every house we enter either smells like cats and dogs or smoke. Everyone also smokes here. One house we went into I had to leave because I could not even breathe the smoke was so bad.
We have people here in town that we see all the time who are baptist that are now our friends. They always ask us if we need anything. Definitely some southern hospitality!
We saw a pig the other day in someones yard! I wanted to chase it and and go look at it,but I knew I shouldn't. We will go back to that house one day and I will take a picture with it!
Well family and friends I am doing great! I hope all of you are fantastic!
I love you all!!
 Have a great week!
Love,
 Sister Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment